An eclectic collection of things I'm learning, things that interest me, things I am doing,

and pictures of adorable little girls that are teaching me so much.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Bold

  1. 1. Started your own blog. (This one and the Double-Wedding one count, right?)
  2. 2. Slept under the stars. (Several times on the trampoline with my brother and sister. I've also NOT slept under some shooting stars while snuggling and waiting for Search and Rescue to call us back.)
  3. 3. Played in a band. (Does a mini-orchestra count?)
  4. 4. Visited Hawaii.
  5. 5. Watched a meteor shower. (Oh, indeed, yes.)
  6. 6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
  7. 7. Been to Disneyland.
  8. 8. Climbed a mountain. (Shucksan (base camp), Rainier (base camp), Si)
  9. 9. Held a praying mantis.
  10. 10. Sang a solo.
  11. 11. Bungee jumped.
  12. 12. Visited Paris.
  13. 13. Watched a lightening storm at sea.
  14. 14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (Needlepoint, sketching, sewing.)
  15. 15. Adopted a child. (The first one was in Guatemala. My current one is in Africa.)
  16. 16. Had food poisoning. (No fun.)
  17. 17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
  18. 18. Grown your own vegetables.
  19. 19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (NOT on the to-do list)
  20. 20. Slept on an overnight train. (From Kolkata in Bengal to Puri in Orissa, India. The unichs are truly scary.)
  21. 21. Had a pillow fight. (Who with siblings hasn't?)
  22. 22. Hitch hiked.
  23. 23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (Today I was just too tired to work another shift in a row.)
  24. 24. Built a snow fort. (And an igloo, too.)
  25. 25. Held a lamb. (And a baby goat, cuddled a foal...)
  26. 26. Gone skinny dipping. (But I've seen people skinny dip.)
  27. 27. Run a Marathon.
  28. 28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
  29. 29. Seen a total eclipse
  30. 30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (Both)
  31. 31. Hit a home run (In little league only because the outfielder mishandled the ball.)
  32. 32. Been on a cruise
  33. 33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
  34. 34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
  35. 35. Seen an Amish community.
  36. 36. Taught yourself a new language. (Check out numbers 1-4 here.)
  37. 37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (Right now.)
  38. 38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
  39. 39. Gone rock climbing. (fun fun fun!)
  40. 40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
  41. 41. Sung karaoke (I'm usually too shy but I was convinced to sing one or two at a UGM senior's camp.)
  42. 42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
  43. 43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
  44. 44. Visited Africa
  45. 45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. (Don't try this in Costa Rica: you'll get eaten by mosquitoes.)
  46. 46. Been transported in an ambulance. (Dislocated shoulder.)
  47. 47. Had your portrait painted. (by a cartoonist counts, I think.)
  48. 48. Gone deep sea fishing.
  49. 49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. (With Rachel and Dan.)
  50. 50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
  51. 51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (definitely on the to-do list if I ever visit somewhere tropical. There was a hurricane the two days we could have snorkeled in Costa Rica.)
  52. 52. Kissed in the rain. (There's always some sort of rain falling in Seattle, so I'm sure Tim and I have done this.)
  53. 53. Played in the mud. (One particular time my brother, sister, and I made a mud bath in an unused part of our vegetable garden.)
  54. 54. Gone to a drive-in theater. (On Whidbey Island with some of my best college buddies.)
  55. 55. Been in a movie. (Been in the news, though.)
  56. 56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
  57. 57. Started a business. (Tiger Clean.)
  58. 58. Taken a martial arts class. (Judo is my favorite.)
  59. 59. Visited Russia.
  60. 60. Served at a soup kitchen. (In Kolkata. Don't anyone ever try to guilt-trip me to do something for the poor/homeless in the Seattle area. I'll either do it because I want to or I won't. They are millionaires compared to the poor in India.)
  61. 61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
  62. 62. Gone whale watching. (No whales though.)
  63. 63. Got flowers for no reason.
  64. 64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
  65. 65. Gone sky diving.
  66. 66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Cam. (Also on my to-do list.)
  67. 67. Bounced a check. (Once, early on in my checking account days.)
  68. 68. Flown in a helicopter.
  69. 69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (My books were my toys and it is almost impossible to part with them.)
  70. 70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
  71. 71. Eaten Caviar.
  72. 72. Pieced a quilt.
  73. 73. Stood in Times Square.
  74. 74. Toured the Everglades.
  75. 75. Been fired from a job.
  76. 76. Seen the changing of the guards in London. (On the same trip as seeing the Cistine Chapel.)
  77. 77. Broken a bone.
  78. 78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
  79. 79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
  80. 80. Published a book.
  81. 81. Visited the Vatican. (Again, same trip as the Cistine Chapel.)
  82. 82. Bought a brand new car.
  83. 83. Walked in Jerusalem.
  84. 84. Had your picture in a newspaper. (Ran for local office in 2000.)
  85. 85. Read the entire Bible.
  86. 86. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (Mmmm... barbecued bunny.)
  87. 87. Visited the White House.
  88. 88. Had chickenpox.
  89. 89. Saved someone’s life. (I'm a nurse. Duh.)
  90. 90. Sat on a jury.
  91. 91. Met someone famous. (My parents, mom in particular, have lots of connections.)
  92. 92. Joined a book club (I guess you could call it that: we're going to start up again soon. I think we're finishing off Mere Christianity, and then going on to Desiring God.)
  93. 93. Lost a loved one. (Sept. 24, 1998)
  94. 94. Had a baby (Due July 2nd, 2009!)
  95. 95. Seen the Alamo in person
  96. 96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
  97. 97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
  98. 98. Owned a cell phone. (Since 2004.)
  99. 99. Been stung by a bee. (Attacked by a hive when I was 7. Got 12 stings at that time. In my life I've had 28 stings total, all but those 12 at individual times.)
  100. 100. Read an entire book in one day. (ref. question #69.)

1 comment:

burndive said...

Hey, no fair stealing half my answers!

Also, Blogger seems to have transformed your numbered list into flowers, for no reason.