An eclectic collection of things I'm learning, things that interest me, things I am doing,

and pictures of adorable little girls that are teaching me so much.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Another Trait to Add to My Ever-Expanding List

I suppose this is "big-news-catch-up-time" based on how many blogs I have posted in the last two days. Yet I am compelled to post another.

As many of you might know, and some of you don't, I am due to give birth to our first child on July 2nd. That translates to currently being at the tail end of the 15th week. Some of you might also be interested to know that our first year anniversary will be May 24th. No, that was not the original plan but the Lord has made it clear to us that he gave us this baby in His time. That is an immense comfort to me considering I had only recently become okay with the idea of having kids anytime soon (never mind liking the idea)! However, I have enjoyed doing some preliminary registering at Babies R Us much more than I expected I would. I am counting on the excitement growing once we know the gender of the baby and picking out cute, gender appropriate clothing (though I still hate pink). Seriously... if it is a girl and you get me something pink, you had better bring the receipt.

For now I am going with a cute barnyard animals theme starting with an incredibly inexpensive hand-me-down set off Craig'sList.com complete with little extras such as a lamp shade, mobile, night light, and light switch plate to name a few. I am also focusing on ducks. I think they are the cutest baby theme for either a boy or a girl. I actually found some super cute baby ducky slippers on Babies R Us! I just about died for the joy of it and made my husband laugh in the meantime.

Please pray for my peace of mind. I know that I am worrying far too much about the future. My midwife can't determine whether I will be low or high risk until I get an evaluation by a geneticist who specializes in my condition and I REALLY, REALLY want to have the baby at home. I understand if I need to have one at the hospital (better to be safe with these things) but I still worry about the necessity of it.

I praise the Lord daily for the wonderful man he has brought into my life! He has been an amazing support for me during these uncertain times and I am constantly encouraged by the prospect that he will be the best dad in the world (no joke). He has been both supportive and independent during my sick days and while I am still trying to recover my energy. He has never failed to say a kind word when I have felt most insecure and he is quick to apologize if he finds out a flippant phrase hurt me.

I love him so much and for that reason alone I can be happy to have a child with him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you really are on a blog roll! I felt much the same way you do about having child(ren.) My husband was ready to have kids literally the day after we were married. He asked when we could on the honeymoon. Although one of the larger reasons I married him was because he loved kids (and they loved him) I certainly wasn't ready to plunge into it straight away! God also made it clear to me from the very beginning (again not really planning to be pregnant) that this was HIS child and HE was in control, NOT ME. Still learning that. Anyhow. I applaud your stance on pink (though now expecting my second daughter I must admit I've weakened simply because hand-me-downs usually come in no other color...) and would regularly frustrate the ladies at my church who thought had switched my baby for a boy simply because she was wearing blue! =) I hope you'll be able to deliver at home too and that all the health concerns will be put to rest. I'm praying for a healthy pregnancy and delivery and baby for you!

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Hello Elizabeth..I found you online when I was doing a google search for 'consecrate to God'.

I have a site called Consecrated To Him. I named it that because my name is Lisa which come from Elizabeth..well I too have felt and seen the hand of our Lord on my life so I surrendered to His will for it because I found that my way was foolish.

Anyways..I just read your posting and I wanted to say congradulations on your new baby and marriage. These are the beginnings of the blessings that our Lord will bestow in you because you trusted Him with your marriage and your womb.

I have 7 children with my husband. 5 I birthed and 2 are his form his first marriage, they live with their mother. I never that I wanted to have children, expecially 5 of my own. It's crazy I know..but I can not imagine my life without any of them.

I try to think what if Iliana wasn't here..I would never hear her crazy laugh. Or Isaiah, then I would have no son of my own. Angelica my oldest...she is truly an angel.She is now 13 and teaching me more now then ever the heartache a mom has watching her babies try to grow up. Then I have the precious twins who are almost 2 years old. I need the Lord to bless me with extra strength and patience because these little ones are full of energy and are every where at once..lol..

I don't mean to rabble..it was not my intention to write this much. I just wanted to say may our Lord give you the desires of your heart to have your baby at home and may you both be healthy and strong in Christ Jesus name..Amen

P.s.

I believe that our Lord is truly going to make you both wonderful parents. Read the Word of God to your child from young and teach Him to seek early in the morning. The Lord will desire to have a relationship with the child directly from young. So teach him to seek His face.

Proverbs 22:6
Deteronomy 6:1-9
Ephesian 6:4

God bless you sister..