An eclectic collection of things I'm learning, things that interest me, things I am doing,

and pictures of adorable little girls that are teaching me so much.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Squatty and the Friendship song

So, like I said... Squatty and the friendship song...
Before every meal we have to bus the seniors down to the dining hall because our lodge is at the top of a hill so we had to plan "pre-meal entertainment". Right before the last meal, Laura and I were "squatties" (where you are the face and legs of the character and someone else is the arms). Since the theme of the camp this year was "friendship" we did two little acts. The first was where I told the story of some of my best friends who came to an untimely end...I then break into emotional song of the Three Blind Mice. Laura then chastises me to use more of my vocabulary and breaks into another, wordier version (a trio of rodents with defective vision...observe how they motate...they all pursued the wife of an agriculturalist/ she cut off their tails with a culinary utensil/ in the expance of your existance have you ever witnessed such a phonomenon/ as a trio of rodents with defective vision (hahaha! So funny!) Perhaps you have to hear it to understand... ;-) )
Anyway! We then improvved to get to the point where we sang a duet of the Friendship song from a play put on at our church several years ago...well the problem came with the chorus. It goes "friendship, yes friendship/ we belong together on the good ship friendship/ tummies are for tickles..." So the plan was for Brittany (my arms) to tickle Laura... she didn't. She tickled me! So it was like I was tickling myself! I pretty much collapsed on the spot because she hit me in exactly the right place on my stomach. The seniors burst out laughing and it took several seconds for Laura and I to return our composure before continuing on. So we roll around to the chorus again...and Brittany does it again! This time Laura suggests we go to the beginning of the chorus and finish the song. When we got to the tickling part I did not let her have the chance again. I crosssed my arms over my stomach...which looks like someone unnaturally crossing their legs over their waist...weird, right? Well, it turned out hilarious and it was a bigger hit than expected. Angela managed to get the friendship song section on tape because she was too late to get the three blind mice section. Yeah...I'm pretty sure I'm going to see that tape again. She will probably show it the Sunday night we share about camp at church
Well, I wish I had time to share about everyone coming over this weekend, but I have to be up early tomorrow morning to go and work at the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word... hilarious!

Elizabeth Pratt said...

I wish I could see that tape!!!
that song sounds crazy! Visit my blog! I rewrote 'Jack and Jill' arrggg....