An eclectic collection of things I'm learning, things that interest me, things I am doing,

and pictures of adorable little girls that are teaching me so much.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Frustrated

First of all, a summary of the weekend: On Saturday I went shopping for my sister's birthday and got her some awesome stuff at a tiny outlet store. I am going back there sometime for myself!! Then our sister Kimberlie brought us out to see Jesus the Nazarine at the open air amphitheater (sp?). It was great! I did not agree with the fact that everyone was yelling ALL THE TIME even though they had an awesome sound system. I'm not going to explain the dramatic logistics of constantly yelling, but it's not something you want to do. I also didn't like how the scene got so busy sometimes that you couldn't figure out what you were supposed to be watching. The brawl in the jail, the Romans running through on their horses chasing Barabbas, the Sanhedrin making a fuss, or followers of Jesus talking excitedly? etc. All at the same time!! Despite all that, it was an awesome production. It was HUGE and breathtaking.

On Sunday my church had our annual Ice Cream Social with sharing time during the evening service. Both my mom and I stood up and shared our testimony along with about 10 other people. I then got to catch up with my best friend since I was 4 years old for several hours afterwards. It was great!

Now, you're probably wondering why the title says 'frustrated'. I'm getting to that:

Ever since I got sick near the end of last semester at school I have woken up every morning feeling sick. I have a hard time eating breakfast and then need an early lunch. I have to take a nap during the day nearly every day even after sleeping solidly for 8 hours overnight. Today was especially hard. I was supposed to work at the other house painting inside and cleaning up construction debris outside. After only 2 hours I was exhausted. I called my mom. I then finished up what I had to and got off the clock after 4 hours, went downstairs, and slept until my brother was done an hour later. I then came home, played a comp game, ate dinner, and fell asleep again watching a special golf tournament on the tv with my dad. We watched a movie together and now I'm ready to go to bed again and start the cycle over.

I'm supposed to get some testing done in the next week to find out what is wrong. I think I probably depleted myself of something during that time in school and for some reason it hasn't been replenished yet. I have another, darker, theory but I'm not going to share that right now. Just please pray for me that my sickness and exhaustion is something simple and not anything serious. I hate being tired. I love to study, work, and play all day and sleep solidly at night.

No comments: