An eclectic collection of things I'm learning, things that interest me, things I am doing,

and pictures of adorable little girls that are teaching me so much.

Friday, February 01, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Shoshana: "I'm three. I need my birthday." Me: "Yes, in about three weeks you will be three and we will have a party with friends, and cake, and a pinata! Do you remember the pinata last year?" "YES!" "Do you remember what comes out of a pinata?" Pause. Wrinkling her nose "... spiders?"

"But I want to stay with Amanda!" (crying) "But she is not your mommy. You need to come home with mommy and daddy." "Why?" "Because we are your parents and we are supposed to take care of you." "Why?" "Because God gave you to us." "Why?" "I don't know. He made that decision." "Oh."

"Good morning sunshine." (in the most grumpy voice she can muster) "I'm not sunshine. I'm Shoshana."

"Oh, Shoshana, you are so funny." "No. I'm just cute." "Yes. Yes you are."

No comments: