So.... I'm really bummed. I got the test results back on Sunday and basically I have to cut out a lot of things from my diet to help my body heal from getting so sick. No more oil except for olive oil (honestly, when does the caf not use canola oil?), no sugar, pork, triglycerides, saturated fat, coffee, or sugary drinks. There's more but I'll just leave it at that. Basically, I have to eat a lot of fruit and vegetables. It appears that the hard part is not going to be fighting cravings because it is important to me to heal but simply getting enough food in me because of how pickey I have to be in the caf. I'm probably going to end up going home every weekend to pick up a variety of vegetables so I'll have some things to eat and snack on other than just broccoli, celery, and carrots.
We had our brother/sister floor retreat this weekend. It was so much fun!! On Saturday morning we hiked Twin Falls and when we got to the falls area Dan and Tyler said "hey, this looks like a good spot for cliff-jumping!" Some of us agreed, finished the hike, came back to the falls, and Cara, George, Tyler, and Dan jumped while I took pictures. It took them FOREVER to jump because they had to be sure they had a way of getting out of the pool because it was one in a series of pools at about the halfway point of the falls and just over the rocks was the 100 foot falls to the bottom. Pretty scary, huh? Well, they all jumped and really enjoyed it.
Classes have been really fun and interesting but VERY LONG!!! We learned things like how to make a bed with a person in it and how to give sponge baths. We're also being tested on medical abbreviations this week (which is really easy).
Cara and I recorded our answering machine message *rolls on the floor laughing*. It's soooo funny. It's based of The Emperor's New Groove and if you're familiar with the movie you'll love it. Our phone # is x6165 if you want to listen to it. Don't worry. We've already had like ten calls of people just wanting to listen to the recording and not leaving a message. Oh, and congrats to Rachel who plays the squirrel. She really steals the show.
Anyway, I have to get back to reading. Hopefully I won't fall asleep in the middle of a chapter this time....
No comments:
Post a Comment