An eclectic collection of things I'm learning, things that interest me, things I am doing,

and pictures of adorable little girls that are teaching me so much.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

R-E-L-A-X PLEASE!!!

I really don't like living at home anymore. I began to figure that out over the school year so I stopped coming home on the weekends during second semester. Home life is so stressed. My parents are trying another business venture (which will probably work out because it's based in real-estate this time and not the internet) but my mom is getting to her "about to crack" stage where you can never know how she's going to react to something that happens or anything you say. Just this morning she discovered that we missed the Lippizanners(sp?) performance in Everett on the 4th because mom thought it was in July and not June. We spent over 100$ on the tickets and have been looking for an opportunity to go since I first read about them something like ten years ago. She was so crushed.
I completely understand why she was crushed and it was completely appropriate but it was just another thing that happened on top of everything else and she stormed off to her room and had a good cry. I had a good chat with my sister Kimberlie over MSN and in the meantime figured out a good deal of what was going on. After I realized what mom was doing to cope Kim suggested that I talk with mom and tell her how she can better her methods of coping with stress and how her current methods are affecting me.
I like doing odd jobs at the house, I have even forgotten to log my hours (because now they're paying me for what used to be counted as "chores"). I don't mind that mom has piled all the housework and yardwork on me for the summer. That's fine!! But she won't take that pile of responsibility off herself. She has no peace, no calm, no reassurance that things are going to get done because now I'm home. I am the hard-worker of the bunch and I have taken care of the entire house and yard by myself before. I know how to do it but mom is not taking it off of herself. She's just multiplying the workload instead of delegating and dividing it out. It's all in her mind and it's affecting the rest of us, especially me. I know that she is happy when I get something done but then she just reminds me of five other things that need to get done and I have to keep reminding her "I will get to that. Relax!"
I think that once she realizes how she's just multiplying the tasks in her head then she will do a lot better. Well, off to pray and formulate my appeal, do something productive to get her in a better mood, and have a sit-down chat....

No comments: