Life is sooooo good. I was called on Friday afternoon by some friends, left for a road-trip on Saturday morning, and didn't get back until Tuesday evening (last night). Originally we were looking at being home by Monday at the latest. I love spontenaity. I love that I can be completely comfortable around a group of kids my age goofing off, being weird, and also have deep spiritual and relational conversations with them.
Rewind!!....George and Y'shayah (or Yosh) were rather bored on Friday so they had the excellent idea of going on a road trip with a bunch of us from school in George's VW Vanagan. They called up a bunch of people and it ended up that they picked up Laura and I from from Northwest U at about 2:00 and drove down to Rachel's house in Newberg, Oregon, picked her up, and then continued on to Katie's house in Depoe Bay, Oregon (central Oregon coast). We ended up arriving there and having dinner around 10:30 pm. We stayed there for two nights and went to Katie's church, the coast, (during the day and at night) Katie's candy shop, and just hung out. We then said goodbye to Katie on Monday and hiked Multnomah falls. We got back to Rachel's house at about 12:00 and talked for several more hours and slept in the Vanagan. There was just enough room on the bottom bunk with the three of us girls sleeping there that if one girl was sleeping on her back, the other two girls had to be on their sides for us to fit on the bed. Lol. That morning we hung out at Rachel's house until about 2:00 when we finally left for home. On the way we ended up stopping at a creation research museum at the foot of Mt. St. Helens and picking up Cara at Bonney Lake before going to my house for dinner. We chatted until 1:00 when the boys left for home and Cara slept at my house. We talked until 3:00 when I couldn't stay conscious any more.
I'm going to see everybody again plus several people tomorrow and over the weekend when we're all gathered at George's house on Whidbey Is. but I'm already missing my friends from the trip. They're so awesome. Before I came to college I didn't have any friends that were flexible enough to do stuff like this and now we call each other and chat all the time, leave stupid messages on each other's answering machines, and always look for some opportunity to get together. I'm finally starting to understand why some people love the single life. Don't get me wrong, I'm definately looking forward to getting married, I'm just much more happy with waiting until school is over or even a little later before having any kind of a serious relationship. I love this not being tied down to one person, place, or job.
Ahhh, speaking of jobs, I was really praying about whether I am supposed to get a job this summer because of the flexibility issue for possible ministries and my parents ended up buying a house so we could remodel it and resell it for profit so I'm going to be working there for the next several weeks. That happened late enough that I could go on the road-trip and early enough that I have a job when I come back from vacation this weekend. I'm supposed to have work for at least 3 or 4 weeks straight and my parents are going to pay me something like 10 dollars an hour!
Hmmm.....luck...chance...happenstance?......I think not! I am so blessed!! PRAISE THE LORD FOR HE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment